lean thinly sliced deli corned beef
2 (1 ounce) slices
sauerkraut, well drained
1 1/2-2 tablespoons
thousand island dressing
( to taste)
1 pinch crushed juniper berries or 1 pinch
- Bring corned beef and swiss cheese to room temperature.
- Heat sauerkraut until it is warmed to about 120-140 degrees.
- Prepare sandwich by first buttering one slice of bread on one side with 1 tbsp butter.
- Place bread, butter side down, in a small skillet.
- Follow with the following ingredients in this order: 1 slice of swiss cheese, followed by 4 oz.
- corned beef, followed by 1 1/2-2 tbsp (to taste) of Thousand Island dressing, followed by well drained and warmed sauerkraut,, followed by a pinch of either juniper berries or caraway, followed by the final piece of cheese.
- Top the sandwich with the last piece of bread and spread the other tbsp of butter on the outside of the bread.
- Heat the sandwich in the skillet on a med-low heat until the bottom side becomes golden; flip sandwich with spatula and lightly brown other side.
- Remove to plate and slice in half before serving.
- Serve with a dill spear and your favorite chips.