onions, finely chopped
garlic cloves, minced
Italian sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
seasoned bread crumbs
parmesan cheese, grated
dried parsley flakes
( I usually add 2 egg whites)
- Remove mushroom stems from caps.
- Set caps aside (discard stems or save for another use).
- In small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- In large bowl, combine the sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley and egg white.
- Stir in onion mixture.
- Fill the mushroom caps; place in a lightly greased 15-inch by 10-inch by 1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and tops are browned.