leeks, white and light green parts, sliced
garlic cloves, chopped
russet potatoes, peeled, cubed
1 (14 ounce) cans
white beans, drained
salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a 4-quart pot.
- Sautee the sliced leeks about 5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add garlic and sautee another minute or so.
- Add potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes and leeks are quite tender.
- Add beans, rosemary, salt, and pepper, and more broth, if necessary.
- Puree until smooth, using an immersion blender or in small batches in a regular blender. If necessary, return to heat until warm enough.
- Sprinkle with soy cheese, if desired.