clear vanilla extract
sifted confectioners' sugar
- In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer.
- Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.
- Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
- For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.
- NOTE: Changes in Wilton's traditional recipes have been made due to Trans Fat Free Shortening replacing Hydrogenated Shortening.