1 1/2 cups chicken broth or 1 1/2 cups
frozen green beans
- Thaw and drain green beans. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a medium saucepan or small pot. Add 4 tablespoons butter, and heat on medium-high until melted.
- Finely chop mushrooms and onions and add to the butter and olive oil mixture. Heat until mushrooms darken and shrink, and onions become soft and translucent.
- Remove from heat. Add three tablespoons of flour and mix together.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of broth, salt, pepper (and any other spices you'd like), and heat on medium-high again until somewhat reduced. Add additional flour for a thicker sauce/soup.
- Pour over green beans and heat in the oven at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle french fried onions on top and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.