puff pastry, defrosted if frozen
small sausage links, no more than 1/2-inch thick
( cut into 1 1/2-inch to 2-inch lengths)
egg, beaten with 1 T cold water to make an egg wash
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll out the puff pastry to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut the dough into small triangles 2 inches wide along one side.
- Brush the sausage pieces with the mustard.
- Place a sausage along one edge of the puff pastry and roll it around the sausage.
- Brush with some of the egg wash and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Repeat with all the sausages and puff pastry triangles.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Makes about 24 appetizers.