200 -250 g
garlic cloves, smashed
- Wash chicken, remove skin.
- Slice chicken into bite size pieces about 0.5cm thickness. Wash your hands.
- Put the smashed garlic and sliced ginger into a soup dish or any plate that can hold water.
- Place the chicken on top.
- Add in the all the seasoning then pour in the water.
- If the steamer is already boiling then steam for about 8 to 10 minutes It is important not to over steam the breast meat as it tends to get a bit dry and tough. If using an autorice cooker type steamer, the default setting should be alright.
- Serve with rice. Goes well with chicken rice chilli (sour garlic chilli) and dark soya sauce as condiments.
- Note: If you intend to use stock instead of water, then omit the Maggi seasoning.