creamy peanut butter
semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
( extra if you are making the candies smaller than 1-inch)
candy colored sprinkles (optional) or
finely chopped peanuts
( to garnish)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a bowl, at medium speed, beat together the peanut butter and corn syrup until well-blended. Then, using the low speed, beat in the powdered milk and confectioner's sugar until combined.
- Using a teaspoon or small cookie scoop, shape the mixture into 1-inch rounds. Place them on the baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Using a double boiler (or your own preferred method for melting chocolate), heat the choclate over simmering, not boiling, water.until melted and smooth.
- Using a spoon, dip each round and roll it in the chocolate to coat. Return to the baking sheet and sprinkle immediately with your garnish if desired.
- Let stand until chocolate is set, or refrigerate to set faster.
- NOTE: You can make 3/4 inch rounds as well, but you will need to melt more chocolate to cover the extra candies.