refrigerated sugar cookie dough
( Pillsbury refrigerated log style)
colored crystal sugar
( green and or red)
- Preheat oven to 400°F Slice cookies into 1/8 inch slices.
- To half the cookies, cut out centers using a small Christmas cookie cutter (or carefully use a sharp pointed knife to make a tree or simple design).
- To the other half, use a marble or small round item and indent a small well in the center, rolling almost to the edges with the marble.
- Place about 1/2 tsp of the plum preserves leaving the edges free of jam. Top with the cut out slices. Press edges to seal and sprinkle with the colored sugar crystals.
- Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake aprox 8-10 minutes.