carrot, finely grated
( about 1/2 cup)
1 1/2 cups
3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup
finely chopped walnuts
1 (8 ounce) cans
crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 6-cup bundt,k tube or fluted cale pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the grated carrot, ginger and cinnamon and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, at medium speed, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla well until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time,beating well after each addition. (Don't worry if the batter appears curdled.).
- At low speed, gradually beat in the flour mixture until the batter is smooth.
- Fold half the batter into the carrot mixture, then fold in the chopped nuts if using. Set aside.
- Fold the drained crushed pineapple into the remaining batter.
- Spread the pineapple batter in the prepared pan, then spread the carrot batter on top. Using a knife, swirl gently through the batter to create a marble effect.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a rack to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes, then invert cake to the rack, remove the pan, and let cool completely.
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar.