1 (3 -4 lb)
1 (14 ounce) cans
nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop apple and one onion into large chunks. Stuff into cavity of chicken along with the garlic (peeled). Save any apple chunks that won't fit.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken back-up into baking dish. Baste chicken liberally with olive oil, then sprinkle with dried seasoning of your choice.
- Chop the carrots into 1-1.5" pieces. Chop the potatoes and remaining onion into similar-sized pieces and place into baking dish around the chicken. Add any leftover apple.
- Pour half of the can of chicken broth over vegetables in the dish. Season vegetables with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-80 minutes, or 20 minutes per pound of chicken.
- Halfway through baking, add the remaining half can of chicken broth to the pan.
- Cool for 5 minutes, covered with aluminum foil, before serving.