ripe bananas, mashed
( about 180g)
3 -4 tablespoons
1 1/2 tablespoons oil (for frying) or 1 1/2 tablespoons
( for frying)
- Mix the flours, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Stir it into the mashed banana with a fork. (Add the fourth tbs of flour if mixture is too soft.).
- Heat a frying pan to medium-hot and add enough oil to coat the flat area. (Traditionally, this snack is deep-fried but I find it not all that necessary.).
- Scoop a tablespoon of the banana mixture onto the pan when the oil is heated to medium hot (a soft sizzling sound when the batter touches it). Flatten the batter slightly.
- Fry one side till medium brown and flip over to fry the other side.
- Place cooked fritters on a few layers of kitchen paper. Best served warm but cooled is good, too. :).