extra virgin olive oil
white onion, finely chopped
garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 lbs
green beans, trimmed
plum tomatoes, finely chopped
( about 1 cup)
fresh basil leaf
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion softens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, tomatoes, basil leaves, and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook until beans are crisp-tender, stirring and tossing occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.