saltine crackers, crushed
instant potato flakes
fresh ground black pepper
dried Italian seasoning
( to taste)
( as needed)
4 -6 small
boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large resealable bag place the crushed cracker crumbs with the next 7 dry ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Place the egg in a shallow dish.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, using enough oil to generously cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Dredge the chicken breasts one at a time into the egg allowing any excess egg to drip off.
- Place the breast (one at a time) into the bag and shake to coat with the crumb mixture.
- Place the coated breasts onto a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the breasts in the skillet for 12-15 minutes turning frequently until golden brown and cooked through.