1 3/4 cups
1 1/2 cups
2 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2 cups
grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a a medium saucepan, heat milk and chopped figs over medium-low heat but do NOT bring to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. The the milk will soften the figs.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs one minute on high. Reduce speed to low and add butter, bread crumbs, orange peel, and warm fig mixture.
- Slowly incorporate flour mixture. Beat until just blended.
- Pour the mix into the greased bundt pan. Level top as much as possible. Cover the mold with a piece of aluminum foil greased on one side, greased side down.
- Place the mold in a roasting pan and place on oven rack. fIll with hot tap water 2 inches up the side of the mold. Bake for 2 hours or until the pudding is firm and it is pulling away from the side of the bundt pan.
- Remove the pudding from the water bath. Remove the foil and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before unmolding. Invert bundt pan onto a serving plate and remove mold. It should come away easily.
- Serve with a hard sauce.