( Crosse & Blackwell recommended)
extra-large egg yolks
ground black pepper
( suit to your taste)
cold unsalted butter, cut into 4 thin slices
- In a large bowl, mix the meats, steak sauce, egg yolks, salt and pepper. Don't overmix.
- Lightly form 4 hamburger patties and press lightly into shape.
- Press a thin slice of butter into the top of each hamburger, making sure the meat completely encases the butter.
- Heat your grill and cook the hamburgers for approximately 4 minutes on one side, turn , and cook for approximately 3 minutes on the other side for medium rare.
- *Adjust cooking times to suit.
- Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the buns, cut side down, for 1 minute, until toasted.
- Adorn with your favorite toppings or cheese and enjoy!