1 (15 ounce) packages
pastry dough, refrigerated rolled double crust
1 (15 ounce) cans
solid pack pumpkin
pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, then unroll one of the pastry crusts & fit it into a 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a small saucepan, combine butterscotch chips & heavy cream, & turn heat up to medium, heating about 5 minutes, whisking occasionally, until smooth, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, egg & egg yolk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, ginger & nutmeg.
- Slowly whisk in butterscotch mixture until incorporated, then spoon into crust-lined pie plate & spread smooth.
- Unroll 2nd crust/dough, AND IF USING A LATTICE PIE CUTTER, spread the crust/dough on top of the cutter. Then use a rolling pin to roll across the dough to cut & create the lattice pattern. Carefully remove piecrust from lattice cutter, trying not to stretch it, & place it on top of the pie.Fold over edge & crimp decoratively.
- IF YOU HAVE NO LATTICE PIE CUTTER, use small cookie cutters to create a design (OR carve a jack-o-lantern face !) & proceed as indicated above.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees F & bake an additional 35 minutes, until crust is browned & pie puffs slightly, covering edge of pie with foil if it is browning too quickly.
- Cool at room temperature on wire rack.