sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
white chocolate chips, chopped
( or you may use all semi sweet chocolate chips)
2 (11 ounce) packages
refrigerated French bread dough
semi-sweet chocolate chips, grated, divided
1/2 cup white chocolate chips or 1/2 cup
semi-sweet chocolate chips
additional sliced almonds (optional) or
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- For bread:.
- Lightly spray 4 mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray. Coarsely chop almonds and white chocolate chips; place in a bowl.
- Unroll one package of the bread dough on a lightly floured surfaace. Do Not Stretch.
- Lightly beat the egg white and water in a small bowl. Brush the dough with a portion of the egg white mixture.
- Grate half of the chocoate chips evenly over the dough(I chop them in the food processor). Sprinkle with half of the almond and white chocolate mixture: roll lightly with a rolling pin, pressing mixture into the dough.
- Unroll the remaining package of bread dough directly over the first dough layer, matching edges and rolling lightly to seal.
- Brush dough lightly with a portion of the egg white mixture.
- Grate the remaining chocolate chips over dough. Sprinkle with remaining white chocolate and almond mixture; roll lightly with rolling pin.
- Starting at narrow edge, roll dough up tightly; pinch edge to seal. Slice roll into four equal portions; place seam side down in mini pan. Make a deep cut down the length of each loaf without cutting through ends. Brush loaves with remaining egg white mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pan. Cool completely.
- For chocolate drizzle, place chocolate chips and oil in a small microwave proof bowl. Place in microwave, uncovered on high 30-40 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Do not overheat. Drizzle over loaves; sprinkle with additional almonds or chocolate chips, if desired. Enjoy!