skinless duck breasts
( fresh or frozen)
red wine vinegar
orange, juice and zest of
brown gravy mix
salt and pepper
- Prepare gravy as per directions on envelope, reserve.
- Salt and pepper each breast on both sides.
- Melt butter and oil in a skillet, brown breasts on both sides until well browned (approximately 3 minutes each side).
- Cook in oven (350°F) for approximately 10 minutes (for small breasts) and for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in same skillet, add leeks, sauté until tender.
- Add vinegar, orange juice, orange zests, wine, cranberries and honey. Bring to a good simmer and reduce for a few minutes.
- Incorporate gravy, mix well and cook for one more minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut each breast in thin slices crosswise.
- Fan slices on each plate.
- Spoon sauce over duck.