bulk pork sausage
garlic clove, minced
potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch dice
salt, to taste
( original recipe had 2 tsp)
fresh ground black pepper
( 3 ears of fresh corn)
1 (16 ounce) cans
chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- If using fresh corn on the cob, cook the corn in boiling water and sit aside to cool before cutting. If using canned or frozen corn, add to the soup pot with the creamed corn.
- Brown the sausage in a soup pot over medium heat for about 8 minutes. After 5 minutes of cooking, add the onion and garlic to the pot, stir well. Add the potatoes, salt, marjoram, pepper, and water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes test done, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add both corns and the evaporated milk and bring to a steaming heat. Don't boil.
- Note: You can substitute the fresh corn with a canned peg corn or frozen corn.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.