boneless skinless chicken breasts
( can use more or not at all)
red onion, thinly sliced
red bell pepper, thinly sliced
( can use frozen)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Rub the chicken with the cumin, cayenne, and salt. Toss in skillet and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes.
- While skillet is warmed add medium heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes.
- If frozen cook spinach in microwave till warmed. If fresh add spinach directly to the skillet along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, tossing, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pasta in with vegetables warming them, and you can either toss the chicken in with this, or serve the chicken separately.