water, if needed
light corn syrup
bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
pure vanilla extract
- In a medium-size, heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water, heavy cream, corn syrup and sugar.
- Bring to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Using a pastry brush dipped in water, brush sides of pan to dissolve and wash down any sugar crystals.
- Cook over medium heat until reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add chocolates and butter and let sit until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Return heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until glossy and smooth.
- If sauce appears broken, add remaining 2 tablespoons water and beat until smooth and glossy.
- Stir in vanilla, and ALWAYS serve it hot.
- Will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- Reheat before serving ~ It will be necessary to add a LITTLE water, a few teaspoons at a time, and whisk until smooth and silky.