( or whipped cream cheese)
( square, if available)
1 -3 leaf
( or baby spinach)
1 -3 slice
( of your choice-I used roast beef)
2 -3 slices
( of your choice-I used provolone)
( or scallion tips)
- Trim around edges of round tortilla(if you can't find square ones) to make it square.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise(or whipped cream cheese) on top. If you like, you could spread a thin layer of mustard on too.
- Layor on the lettuce(or spinach), then the meat and cheese. Roll up tightly.
- With the seam on the bottom, slice the tortilla into 2" wide pinwheels.
- For the heads, cut a small pickle in half at an angle. Poke 2 small holed in the uncut end and stick pieces of chive with knots at one end in each hole for antennae.( I used scallionn tops, cut a sliver and inserted them).
- Slip each pickle half under the edge of the pinwheel, securing them together with a toothpick if necessary.
- Makes 4-6 pinwheel sandwiches.