chunky peanut butter
1 1/4 cups
semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In mixing bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and milk.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Roll out cookie dough between waxed paper into a 12-inch by 10-inch rectangle.
- Melt chocolate chips; cool slightly.
- When cooled slightly, spread over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease cookie sheets.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place slices 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.