cream of tartar
3/4 cup butter (I use margarine) or 3/4 cup
( I use margarine)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- With a knife or pastry cutter cut in, flour, baking powder, cream of tartar,.
- salt, sugar and margarine. Cut in until it becomes course and crumbly.
- Whip together milk and egg with a fork.
- Mix with the flour mixture until it forms a soft dough.Add flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Important: DO NOT OVER MIX. This will made your biscuit hard if you over mix.
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin to about 11/2 to 2 inch thickness.
- I use an empty small can of peas opened at both ends (to let the air though) to cut out the biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in your preheated oven on the very top rack.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.