1 (18 ounce) boxes
1 1/4 cups
flat-bottom ice cream cones
2 (12 ounce) containers
( any flavor)
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Put cones in muffin cups. Fill each cone 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Generously frost cake with frosting, and decorate as desired. Store loosely covered.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions on cake mix box. Fill cones about 1/2 full to make 36 to 40 cones. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.