Mrs Dash's extra spicy seasoning
- Trim any visible fat from the pork shoulder.
- Rub the seasoning into the meat and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Marinate the pork overnight in the apple cider.
- In the morning, put the pork shoulder in a crock pot and pour in the remaining ingredients. Use enough aple cider to cover the meat, if necessary, otherwise discard the cider.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the shoulder from the crock pot and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Reserve some of the cooking liquid, but avoid the fat on top.
- Pull the pork apart using forks.
- Rehydrate with some of the liquid if needed and serve.