1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
garlic clove, crushed
fresh oregano, finely chopped
potatoes, thinly sliced
onion, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine cod, tomatoes, wine, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in medium sauce pan. Simmer until fish flakes easily, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice potatoes and onion.
- Place half of the potatoes and onion in bottom of greased 10 inch square baking dish, lightly sprinkling with salt and pepper.
- Place flaked cod evenly over the top, and lightly salt and pepper.
- Pour one half of tomato sauce over this.
- Place remaining potatoes and onion on top, sprinkling lightly with salt and pepper, and then the remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake approximately 45 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over top of casserole and bake uncovered 15 minutes more. Can broil for a couple minutes to brown the top if desired.
- Let stand five minutes before serving.