potatoes, medium large
garlic clove, finely minced
grinding white pepper
( the amount will depend on how salty your stock is)
gruyere cheese, grated
- Thinly slice potatoes.
- Grease or spray oven proof dish.
- Arrange potato in concentric circles in dish.
- Add thyme, smidge of garlic, and salt if using to each layer.
- Pour stock over all. You should barely be able to see the stock , just below the top surface.
- Bake 30 min covered at 350°F.
- Check to be sure the potato is tender, and uncover.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and return to oven for 15 min or until cheese is melted.