6 -8 large
pasilla bell peppers
( aka Poblano)
monterey jack cheese, shredded
sharp tillamook cheddar cheese, shredded
yellow onion, finely diced
garlic clove, minced
finely diced carrot
walnuts, toasted and chopped
1 -1 1/2 teaspoon
1 (15 ounce) cans
4 eggs, 2/3 cup flour, and 1 1/2 cups half and half or 4
whole milk, whisked together
- Roast the peppers on a gas grill or in the broiler until charred. Put them in a paper bag for 10mins to loosen the skin. Peel and seed them making one vertical slit so that you can lay the pepper out flat.
- Sauté onion, garlic and carrot until the onions are translucent.
- Add the raisins and walnuts.
- Add spices and sauté about 1 minute more.
- Add the meat and cook until the turkey is browned and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a 9x11 casserole pan and layer the ingredients like a lasagna as follows: peppers, meat, cheese (both kinds), batter, peppers, batter, Monterey jack, tomato sauce, cheddar.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 1hr covered. Remove foil and bake another 15mins until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve with fresh sliced avocado.