1.5 (15 ounce) packages
refrigerated pie crusts, divided
granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
( about 6 cups)
1 1/2 tablespoons
firmly packed brown sugar
- Unroll and stack 2 pie crusts; gently roll or press together.
- Fit pastry into a 9 inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Toss together apples and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, and next 3 ingredients; sprinkle over apple mixture and toss to coat.
- Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- Unroll and place remaining pie crust over filling.
- Fold edges under, and crimp; cut slits in top for steam to escape. (I also cover the crimped edges of my crust with foil to prevent burning).
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees, and bake for 30-35 minutes.