( pureed or minced VERY fine)
( mashed until very creamy)
rabbit pellets, ground finely in a coffee grinder
ground old fashioned oats, ground finely in a coffee grinder
- Mix pureed carrot, mashed banana and honey in a medium bowl.
- Add ground pellets and ground oats. Mix until blended.
- Knead in your hands for 1-2 minutes. It'll probably be pretty sticky.
- Place dough on large piece of parchment paper and cover with plastic wrap. Roll dough to about 1/8” thickness. Peel off plastic wrap.
- Score flattened dough with large knife in 1-inch cross sections like tiles. You’re not separating the tiles, just scoring them for easy breaking apart later.
- Transfer parchment onto cookie sheet and bake at 325F for about 30-40 minutes, checking to make sure they don’t over-brown.
- Turn off the oven, leaving the cookie sheet in the oven for another hour until the treats dry to crispness.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on cooling rack.
- Break the tiles apart - easy! – and store in a zip lock bag in the fridge.
- Give one to your bunny on each day that he/she is adorable. (That’s every day, of course!).