garbanzo beans, drained
green onions, sliced
sliced ripe olives
ripe avocado, cut into 1/2 ",cubes
chipotle chile in adobo, minced
3 tablespoons grated romano cheese or 1/2 cup
freshly grated parmesan cheese
boston lettuce, cored,separated into leaves
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, and slice 1/4" thick, crosswise.
- Place slices in bowl and toss with salt.
- Spread out on several thicknesses of paper towels to drain for 30 min.
- Pat dry.
- Combine vinegar, garlic, and oregano.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Add zucchini, onions, beans, and olives.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 min.
- and up to 4 hrs.
- Just before serving, add avocado, chipotle and cheese; toss to mix.
- Serve over bed of lettuce, with tortilla chips, if desired.