2 1/4 cups
grated orange rind
- Blend 1/4 cup of the flour with the cranberries and let stand over night to absorb excess moisture.
- Next day, mix remaining flour and all other dry ingredients.
- Cut into butter until mixture is consistency of oatmeal.
- Stir in cranberries in the flour and orange rind.
- Blend eggs and buttermilk. Add to dry ingredients, mixing until just blended.
- If dough is sticky, flour hands and pat into a 6-inch ball. Score into six wedges.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Glaze with fresh cream and sugar immediately after baking.