raw red bell pepper
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
ground ancho chili pepper
mesquite liquid smoke
Rotel tomatoes & chilies
canned diced green chiles
cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Preheat covered pot.
- Soften 1/2 cup of diced red bell pepper in pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add chicken stock.
- Add seasonings: chili, cumin, garlic, liquid smoke and cilantro to broth.
- Add chicken to broth and bring to simmer.
- In a bowl, place can of diced tomatoes with chilies (and juice) to 2 cups of water. With immersion blender, smooth to puree. Then add to soup pot.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until flavors meld.
- Spoon into warm soup bowls.
- Top with cheddar/jack cheese.
- May top with sour cream if preferred.
- If needing a low carb crunch, consider a few pork rinds.