lemon, juice of
lemon rind, grated
- In a large pan, combine berries with sugar.
- Crush berries with a potato masher.
- Add lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Bring to a boil, skimming off any foam that forms.
- Cook at a full boil until jam thickens, approximately 30 minutes (jelling point is 221F).
- While the berries are cooking, sterilize your jars and heat the seals in a pan of hot water.
- Pour jam into hot jars; wipe rims, place seals and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- Process in a boiling water bath for five minutes; remove to a protected countertop and let cool, undisturbed for 24 hours.
- If any of the lids have not sealed, either re-process or store in the refrigerator and use those jars first.