90% lean beef
shredded red cabbage
( I use Hunt's)
brown Sugar Twin
pillsbury unbaked pie shells
( usually sold 2 per box)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take pie shells out of boxes to thaw.
- Meanwhile,spray a large skillet with butter flavoured cooking spray, brown the meat and onion.
- Stir in the cabbage.
- Add tomato sauce, Brown Sugar Twin,parsley, and black pepper.
- Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Put half of mixture into one of the pie shells and wet the top edge of the shell.
- Pick up a second shell,invert the tray while putting your hand underneath touching the pastry to support the shell as it comes away from the tray.
- Lay second shell directly on top of of mixture in first shell.
- Use damp fingers to seal two shells together.
- Flute edges.
- Make about 8 slashes on top to allow steam to escape.
- Repeat filling the third shell and covering with the fourth shell.
- Check to see that your edges are sealed and for the steam vents.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Place pie plate on wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 servings.