warm apple cider
1 (18 ounce) boxes
white cake mix
cinnamon-sugar mixture, for coating
- In a small sauce pan, bring two cups of apple cider to a gentle boil.
- Dissolve yeast in the apple cider for about 5 minutes.
- Put cake mix and flour in a large bowl.
- Add the cider with the yeast and mix well. The dough will be soft.
- Cover with a dish cloth and let rise about 1 hours.
- Roll dough out on floured counter.
- Cut the dough using 2 circle cutters. I like to use a drinking glass for the larger circle and a clean pill bottle for the smaller hole.
- Cover and let rise for 30- 45 minute.
- Fry in vegetable oil for about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove carefully from oil and place in a bowl with cinnamon and sugar.
- Coat well on both sides and put on a cooling rack.
- Best when served warm with a cold glass of apple cider!