extra virgin olive oil
finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 1/4 cups
unbleached all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- In a bowl, use the whip attachment of a mixer, and beat the eggs for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is foamy and pale in color.
- With the mixer running slowly, drizzle in the olive oil.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the rosemary into the batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
- Pour the batter into a 10 inch loaf pan that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, rotating halfway through for even coloring.
- When the cake is done it will be golden brown.
- Allow to cool. .