1 teaspoon vanilla or 1
butternut squash, peeled and cubed
butter, plus 1 tbsp
white onion, diced
1 1/2 cups
shredded parmesan cheese, to taste
- In a large pot:.
- Simmer broth and vanilla.
- Add squash and simmer until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Remove squash and cover to keep warm, keep broth on low heat.
- In a separate pan:.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and add onions. Cook onions until transparent, do not caramelize.
- Add rice and toast for about 3 minutes, making sure to coat with butter/onions.
- When rice is toasted, add white wine and stir until almost evaporated.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth, stir until absorbed.
- Repeat last step until all the broth is gone and the rice is creamy (will take about 20 minutes).
- When rice is creamy, stir in squash, parmesan cheese, and last tablespoon of butter.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!