dried brown lentils, rinsed
garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
3 tablespoons black olive paste or 3 tablespoons
finely chopped oil-cured black olives
4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and coarsely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon
extra virgin olive oil
salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
chopped fresh rosemary
- Combine lentils and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until very tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Drain the lentils and garlic and transfer to a food processor.
- Add olive paste (or olives), capers, anchovies (or anchovy paste), lemon juice and oil; puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Scrape into a bowl and stir in rosemary.