1 (517.37 g)
duncan hines moist deluxe dark fudge cake mix
brick vanilla ice cream
1 (340.19 g) can
4 (113.39 g)
unsweetened chocolate squares
59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml
whipped cream, and
( for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease & flour a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Prepare, bake, and cool the cake following the package directions.
- Remove cake from pan, and split cake in half horizontally.
- Place bottom layer back in pan.
- Cut ice cream into even slices and place evenly over bottom cake layer. (Use all the ice cream).
- Place remaining cake layer over ice cream.
- Cover and freeze.
- For Fudge Sauce:.
- Combine evaporated milk and sugar in medium saucepan,.
- Cook, stirring constantly, on medium heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Add unsweetened chocolate and stir until melted; beat over medium heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Cut cake into squares.
- For each serving place a cake square on plate and spoon hot fudge sauce on top. Garnish with whipped cream and a cherry.