hot Italian turkey sausage
garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons madeira wine or 2 tablespoons
( about 10 ounces)
1 (14 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) cans
low sodium chicken broth
1 (15 1/2 ounce) cans
chickpeas, rinsed and drained
( garbanzo beans)
- Heat a Dutch oven over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in chopped onion and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add Madeira; cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates.
- Add kale, salt, and chicken broth; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in clams and chickpeas; cook, covered, 10 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells.