For the rub
For the shrimp
( give or take)
medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
( U-25s ( I buy them peeled and deveined)
- In a 1 gal plastic food bag place shrimp and olive oil, toss to coat, sprinkle enough rub to lightly coat the shrimp.
- The bag should look dark red.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 hrs, the longer you wait the hotter they'll be.
- Light the grill and while it's heating place shrimp on skewers.
- When coals are very hot, clean the area that the shrimp will be on and rub with a bit of canola oil on a rag (use a mitt please).
- Immediately place shrimp on greased grill for 2-3 minutes, turn and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from skewers and serve hot.
- No dipping sauce required.
- This rub works well on chicken wings too!