grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups
- Peel and dice potatoes placing in a pot of cold water. Bring water to a boil and cook potatoes until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot and burner that is turned off but still hot to evaporate any excess water.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or hand-held mixer.
- Add all remaining ingredietns except for flour and blend.
- Slowly add flour until you get a nice smooth dough.
- Pull off pieces of dough and roll into logs/snakes. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Shape dough with a fork if you like. I keep it simple and leave them how I cut them.
- Add gnocchi to boiling, salted water and cook until they all are floating at the top. This takes about 3-4 minutes typically, depending on the size of your dumplings. You may need to do this in several batches to not overcrowd the pot.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and lots of cheese!