1 (14 ounce) cans
sliced fresh mushrooms
chopped green onion
grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
3/4 lb fresh tortellini or 3/4 lb
1 1/2 cups
shredded mozzarella cheese
- To make tomato sauce, melt 1 tbsp of the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Cook onion and garlc until tender.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- To make Parmesan/mushroom sauce, melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in a large saucepan.
- Cook mushrooms and green onions until tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Blend in flour.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Stir into Parmesan/mushroom sauce.
- Pour tomato sauce into a 2L (2QT) shallow baking dish.
- Spoon tortellini mixture over tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted and golden.