1 cup pastina or 1 cup
any other type tiny pasta
low sodium chicken broth
sea salt and pepper
grated fresh nutmeg
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or 1 tablespoon
fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
- Beat the eggs.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Season the stock with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pastina, cook for 1 minute and add the beaten eggs and remove from the heat.
- Whisk until eggs form strings.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and olive oil (or unsalted butter) and parsley if using.
- Hug your friend or yourself and enjoy!