3 1/2 cups
sweetened condensed milk
( half a normal tin)
- Place all the ingredients except the vanilla, into a medium-heavy saucepan.
- Warm over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a gentle boil and cook for about 15 — 20 minutes stirring occasionally, until it reaches the soft ball stage (120°C).
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Beat (I use an electric mixer) until the fudge is creamy and thick and has lost its gloss for about 4 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 20 cm cake pan.
- Allow to cold and harden.