hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely ground
olive oil, divided
boneless skinless chicken thighs, removed
blue cheese, crumbled
- Use about half the flour to lightly coat the chicken.
- Add the remaining flour to the nuts, bread crumbs and 1 Tablespoon oil, mixing well.
- Beat the egg and milk together.
- Dip each chicken piece into the milk mixture, then completely coat with nut & crumb mixture. Set on a cake rack over a baking pan and chill for 30 minutes.
- Set oven to 350F and remove chicken from refrigerator.
- Clean any crumbs out of the pan and coat the pan with the remaining olive oil.
- Cook the chicken 30 minutes, turning once. Check with a thermometer.
- While the chicken is cooking, peel and core the pears.
- Mash with the butter and nutmeg until smooth and creamy. (Or use the food processor).
- Plate by placing a portion of sauce on the plate, with the chicken on top. Sprinkle with the crumbled cheese.