fresh green beans, cleaned
garlic cloves, minced
Tomato, deseeded and diced
salt, as needed
ground black pepper, as needed
- After you have washed the green beans, remove the ends.
- Blanche the green beans in salted boiling water for one minute. Drain and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process.
- In a large nonstick frying pan heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the green beans and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato pieces and cook until the green beans are tender but still green. (Sometimes I'll add 1/4 cup water and cover the pan for a bit if the green beans are having trouble getting tender.).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at once.